Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Converted to His Gospel through His Church



Converted to His Gospel through His Church - Donald L. Hallstrom


"Some have come to think of activity in the Church as the ultimate goal. Therein lies a danger. It is possible to be active in the Church and less active in the gospel. Let me stress: activity in the Church is a highly desirable goal; however, it is insufficient. Activity in the Church is an outward indication of our spiritual desire. If we attend our meetings, hold and fulfill Church responsibilities, and serve others, it is publicly observed.
By contrast, the things of the gospel are usually less visible and more difficult to measure, but they are of greater eternal importance. For example, how much faith do we really have? How repentant are we? How meaningful are the ordinances in our lives? How focused are we on our covenants?
I repeat: we need the gospel and the Church. In fact, the purpose of the Church is to help us live the gospel."


This is something I have been struggling with a bit lately. I have a new calling that takes up a good amount of time and energy, but I haven't been making a lot of time for my personal scripture study.

The three suggestions to combat this problem are:

1. Deepen our understanding of Deity. 
2. Focus on the ordinances and covenants.
3. Unite the gospel with the Church.


I hope that I can strengthen my personal testimony so that I can share it with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment