Thursday, August 2, 2012

Teachings of Jacob


But behold, my brethren, is it expedient that I should awake you to an awful reality of these things? Would I harrow up your souls if your minds were pure? Would I be plain unto you according to the plainness of the truth if ye were freed from sin? ...Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price. - 2 Nephi 9:47, 50
I've had this thought before, but reading these words from Jacob really struck me today. Our God is not an angry God. Although sometimes we need to be called to repentance, this call is really a gentle invitation to come and partake of all the good that is available to us. I know that repentance does bring the "peace that passeth all understanding." (Phil. 4:7)

Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life. - 2 Nephi 10:23
It is truly a blessing that we are able to choose for ourselves. We are free to choose the path that will lead to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment