Sunday, September 9, 2012

Alma 17:11-12


"And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.
And it came to pass that the hearts of the sons of Mosiah, and also those who were with them, took courage to go forth unto the Lamanites to declare unto them the word of God." Alma 17:11-12
I imagine the Lord might have said something similar to each of us before we came to earth. There are many trials and obstacles for each of us to overcome, but the blessings we receive will make it all worth it.

I feel like there were two ways that the sons of Mosiah could have responded to this message. They could have focused on the afflictions that they would face and become discouraged, or even given up. Instead, they took courage in the fact that they would be able to serve others and save souls.

Every day, this is a decision that I have to make. As a parent, I have plenty of opportunities to practice patience and long-suffering. I hope that I can be a good example to my children so that they will be able to learn the gospel and we can be a forever family.

No comments:

Post a Comment