Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Alma 18:10

"Now when king Lamoni heard that Ammon was preparing his horses and his achariots he was more astonished, because of the faithfulness of Ammon, saying: Surely there has not been any servant among all my servants that has been so faithful as this man; for even he doth remember all my commandments to execute them." - Alma 18:10
I've had this experience of astonishment/amazement a few times. I am so proud when my kids remember to use their manners. I was so impressed when my husband remembered something little I said when we first started dating. The Book of Mormon frequently warns that we must remember. I feel like there are so many things that I need to do each day, it is hard to remember what I should be doing when and what are the most important things I should be focusing on. How can we remember all these things? Later in the chapter, Alma states that "a portion of [the] Spirit dwelleth in me." (Alma 18:35 John said that the Holy Ghost will "bring all things to your rememberance." (John 14:26)  I know that as I make the effort to pray and read my scriptures daily, I do have the Spirit with me, so I can remember all these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment